Sunday, July 21, 2013



May 31, second session of the book club.
For the second session I designed the following creative game for children between 3-8 ages: cross-out words with Dr. Seuss. Hoping that everyone in the audience likes Dr. Seuss, I chose one of my favorite books of his, The Green Eggs and Ham. I created charts with random words from the book. Every participant got a paper with a different chart. While I was reading the book, participants had to find and cross out the words that I was reading.   The winner had to find and cross out all words in the chart. The goal of the game was to make the children quickly recognize words.

You can find a sample working sheet below:



Not


If


Say


Ham


Rain


Eat


Green


Like


Me


Them


With


Sam


On


Do


Eggs


Train


Let


Anywhere


The second game –that turned out to be our favorite—was I spy a letter with the young children. While some of them were super active trying to catch the letters, Jessie, the youngest reader, less than one year old, was carefully listening to the sounds of the letters.





No comments:

Post a Comment